Tips on how to be a good lesbian girlfriend
Everyone wants to know the secret to making relationships last. Here’s one: make your girlfriend happy. As they say, “A happy wife means a happy life.” How? By working on YOU first. In this case, be a good lesbian girlfriend first.
What you need to do to be a good lesbian girlfriend
Your partner has very basic expectations from you that you need to meet. Often than not, these are the things we take for granted, especially if we’ve been with our partner for so long, and end up arguing about. Meet these expectations and you’ll be surprised at how contented your partner will be.
Here are some steps and tips you can do that will make your relationship a healthy and happy one:
1. Be kind and respectful
Kindness and respect are often overlooked and feels like almost rarely practiced these days. Yet if we ask those who have been together for years or even decades, they will always mention kindness and respect, among other things, that really made their relationship last.
Tip: A good lesbian girlfriend finds countless creative ways to be kind and respectful.
- Give compliments and mean them.
- Verbalize your appreciation.
- Give corrections in private and always with your partner’s well-being in mind.
- Avoid cruel or cutting remarks, even as a joke.
- Watch your words when you are angry. Remember, what you say in passing can have a lasting effect.
- Do nice things just because.
- Do the chores they hate.
- Occasionally give them a little gift on the way home.
- Say “please” and “thank you.”
2. Be open
Experts unanimously stress the benefits of open and effective communication on relationships. Being both a good listener and communicator will help you strengthen your relationship. This means, among other things, telling your partner what you need from them and asking them what they need from you.
Tip: A good lesbian girlfriend provides a safe space where her partner can speak without fear of rejection or dismissal. This will help manage both your expectations – in daily life, in the bedroom, in sticky situations, and in moments where how your partner responds really matters to you.
3. Be playful and have a sense of humor
Everyone loves a good laugh and boredom can quickly set in if you keep doing the same things. Budding relationships are exciting because of the novelty of the experience and the person.
Tip: A good lesbian girlfriend injects exciting newness into the relationship by doing things differently from time to time.
- Try out a new restaurant.
- Travel to new places together.
- Find a new hobby.
- Change up your morning routine.
- Or even pull a harmless prank on your partner (one that’s not too upsetting).
4. Prioritize the relationship
Relationships can be likened to plants. When they get enough sun, water, nutrients, and TLC, they thrive. When they are neglected, they wither and die.
Tip: A good lesbian girlfriend finds time to nurture the bond with her partner.
- Spend time with your partner.
- Focus solely on each other when together on a date.
- Share interests, hobbies, sports, etc.
5. Accept and forgive
People in relationships often make mistakes, say hurtful words or let their partner down.
Tip: A good lesbian girlfriend accepts that her partner is an imperfect human being, who nonetheless tries her best. In the same way, a good lesbian girlfriend knows that she herself is also an imperfect human being who will make mistakes.
- Own up when you mess up.
- Forgive and love your partner when they mess up.
6. Be faithful
This one hardly needs saying. When a person is in a committed relationship, she is duty-bound to be faithful to her partner.
Tip: A good lesbian girlfriend doesn’t give her partner cause to doubt her or lose trust in her. Trust can take a lifetime to build and only moments to destroy. Be faithful. Show them you have their back, always. You chose them, after all.